English Walking Tours - 2012 & 2013
- THE WAY TO SEE AND EXPERIENCE ENGLAND -
One-week walking tours of England's Glorious Countryside
Please Note: All of our 2013 trips are now full to capacity, and therefore closed. A new schedule for 2014 trips will soon be posted. Join us in 2014 - sign up early.
English Walking Tours has been in operation for eleven years. We are dedicated to personal service and to delivering an active but comfortable vacation experience. We believe that walking is the best way to see England. Walkers make a place for themselves in the English landscape rather than passively looking at the countryside through the window of a car. We find that the physical endeavor of walking rewards us with a healthy glow and a hearty appetite and that wonderful friendships result from sharing the footpaths for a week.
Our tours are kept small (6-12 walkers) to provide the best camaraderie and to enable the use of small and charming cottage accommodations. The walks are equally suitable for friends or couples traveling together, or active vacationers traveling on their own. Everyone can expect breathtaking views, lively conversations, a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day, and an opportunity to share in some of the simple pleasures of English country living.
|Owners and Guides|
English Walking Tours is owned and operated by Carol Whitfield, a former British geography teacher, and Jan Jones, with a passion for English history. We will be joined as well by an experienced British driver and guide, whose local knowledge will enhance everyone's enjoyment of the walks.
ALL TOUR PRICES INCLUDE:
- Accommodation in 4-star stone cottages. Each cottage has a kitchen, living, and dining room to relax in at the end of the day, and full bathroom facilities (see individual itineraries for specific details).
- Breakfasts in your cottage (self-service).
- Dinners in the local pubs and eateries. You will be amazed at the high quality and variety of local, international, and vegetarian menu options.
- Admission to ancestral homes, gardens, castles, and historic properties visited on the tour.
- Van transportation to and from the railway station at the point of origin to the cottages, and to each day’s walk and dinner.